Whether you've just received flowers as a thoughtful gift from someone special or you decided to treat yourself, bouquet of bright blooms can brighten any space and you want to enjoy them for as long as possible.
Unfortunately, fresh flowers don't last forever, but the good news is there are ways to keep them vibrant for longer! Joan has given us her top tips, picked up from over 25 years in the industry.
Regardless of the type of flowers you've got in your beautiful fresh bundle or bouquet, the secret to keeping them fresh for longer when in a vase is in the preparation. Start by following the tips below.
1. Trim off any leaves up to ¾ the way up the stem of each flower.
2. Half fill a clean vase with fresh tap water.
3. Add 2 to 3 drops of bleach to kill bacteria.
4. Re-cut the stems before placing them in the vase.
5. Repeat every 3 to 4 days and your flowers will last twice as long.
6. Try place flowers away from any heat pumps and out of direct sunlight so they don't dry out too quickly.
Sit back and enjoy the fragrance and beauty of nature indoors!